Sage CRM 2023 R2 was released to the regions today Friday, 29th September 2023. The software has passed its QA process and has been issued as 'GA' to each Sage team globally. Each Sage region is responsible for scheduling the release of the software in their territory because of the need to take different accounting integrations into account. As a consequence, the local release date of the software is down to each local Sage team.
Please contact your local Sage support team to check when they will give you access to the software.
The Release Notes for the new version list the customer cases resolved and the key enhancements addressed in Sage CRM 2023 R2.
This version has delivered the following features:
- Localised Company Narrative Summary
- Rectangular Pipeline – Suppress stages with 0 records.
- Open Multiple Read-only Tabs
Exchange Integration Improvements
- Support for single tenant in OAuth 2.0
- Set default timestamp for imported emails
- New columns when importing emails (Distinguish between Sent/Inbox)
General Admin Improvements
- View workflow rules and actions without disabling workflow
- Replacement of Oracle Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 8 with OpenJRE 8
- Internal Security updates
The release will be supported by
- Refreshed eLearning
- Updated User Assistance
- Supporting content on Community
All the changes are described in the Help Center. https://help.sagecrm.com/.
This article applies to Sage CRM stand-alone and when integrated with Sage accounting products. Sage 50, Sage 100, Sage 200, Sage 1000, Sage 300, Sage X3 and Sage Intacct.
All environments, configurations, integrations, and 3rd-party software that Sage supports are documented in the help and guides published on Sage CRM Help Center.
Any environments, configurations, integrations, and 3rd-party software that are not documented here have not been tested, and are therefore not supported by Sage.