- In the Report Manager, select the report you would like to make design changes to.
- From the Home tab on the menu ribbon, select Design.
- The following message will appear:
- Select Yes. The reports' template will then open in Excel. Note that there is no data, simply the framework to which you can start making your design changes.
- Some examples of changes as shown in the below example are adding or updating a company logo, changing font styles, changing the layout or style of a PivotTable and replacing PivotTable filters with slicers for easier filtering.
- Once you're done, all you have to do is save the template using the normal Excel save function. In other words by clicking the Save Icon at the top left of the workbook or by selecting File and then Save.
- Your changes will then be included in your report the next time you run it out.
The Design option in the Report Manager makes it easy for you to access a reports' template and make changes to it, saving you time when creating or updating your reports.