How to Search:
You can perform a search for your question or the information you are looking for on any page of the site. You will find the search bar at the very top of every page on Community Hub.
As you start to type, search results will be displayed. These search results will be further refined as you type more characters in your search terms. You can continue typing your full search term and press enter to see all the results, or you can click on any of the search results listed to be taken directly to that content.
Searching on Community Hub is contextual to the area you are presently in. For example, if you are on the Community Hub home page, the terms entered will be searched for across the entire site. The default is to return Content, but you can also filter the results by Groups and People.
If you are within a specific group, such as Sage 300, then the search results will be filtered to that group. The default is to return Content for that group, but you can also choose to expand your search back to Anywhere on the site and then filter by Content, Groups, or People.
If you are within a specific forum, such as Sage 300 General Discussion, then the search results will be filtered to that forum. The default is to return Content for that forum, but you can also choose to expand your search back to the Group (Sage 300 in this example) or Anywhere on the site.
At any time on any search result, you can click on the Advanced Search link at the bottom of the page.
No matter where you are on the site, the full search results will be returned when you click on Advanced Search. You will then have the option to slice and dice your search results by a number of filters, which you can select by clicking on the small down arrow for each category. You can refine your search by one or more of these categories at the same time, to filter down the results to those most relevant to you.
In this example, the search term “payroll” yields 18227 results across all of Community Hub without any filtering.
These initial search results can be further refined by the following filters:
- “Most Relevant” will allow you to refine your search to that value, as well as “Most Recent”, “Alphabetical”, or “Highest Rating”.
- “Anything” will allow you to refine your search to content found in Forums, Blogs, Users, Comments, etc.
- “Anywhere” will allow you to refine your search to content found within various Groups.
- “By anyone” will allow you to refine your search to a specific user, based on a list of users with relevant posts.
- “Regardless of tags” will allow you to refine your search to specific, relevant tags as listed.
- “Anytime” will allow you to refine your search to content from the last week, month, or year.
After setting the filter for the category “Anything” to the value “Forums”, the filter for the category “Anywhere” to the value “in Sage 300”, and the filter for the category “Anytime” to the value “In the past year”, the search results are reduced to a much more manageable and relevant list of items.