on a system that had been successfully funning BI for months i am suddenly recieving the error object reference not set to instance of an object when trying to run a BI report. It doesn't matter what report I run even a sample report. In fact if I just open excel on it's own i get the error. if i load excel and go into options, i click off BI generator and all bi related add-ins both com and excel for BI and report designer I still get the error running excel - not even running a BI report. If make BI generator and report designer ad-in 1.2.0 and report designer Add-in-1.2.0 Custom task pane helper inactive and then load excel again - I still have the error. If i uninstall BI the error goes away. When I install BI again the error comes back. So i have isolated the issue to be the BI add-ins. Has any faced this and found a resolution.