In Sage CRM development around phone numbers and email addresses needs careful thought. This is because Sage CRM "entities" can be complex. For example, the information for a Company consists of a company record, a default person record and a default address. The company and the default contact will have phone numbers (and e-mail addresses) associated with them.
In Sage CRM a company and person's Phone and Email information is held in separate Phone and Email tables. The phone and email tables work in a similar way.
This data structure is flexible in design but it can be hard to follow. Below are some essential articles that may help you understand the way in which Phone data is used in Sage CRM.
Company and Person Phone Numbers
- Using Address, Email and Phone data in Quick Find
- Alternative Phone numbers in new installations
- Phone Numbers in Company and Person screens
- Email and Phone Numbers in CRM
- Validating Phone Numbers and Email Addresses
- Working with Phone Numbers in CRM
- Why do Phone numbers appear in the Company and Person screens when they are stored in the Phone table?
- Altering the Length of Phone Number Fields in the Phone/Email Screen
- Adding a mobile (cell) phone to the TopContent
- Click to dial links
- How to add a mobile number to My Contacts List block
- Understanding the CRMEmailPhoneData table