Sage CRM uses Java to run some of its features, including Interactive Dashboards, Import and Export of Records, Integration with Exchange and Mailchimp, and the REST API.
Starting with Sage CRM 2023 R2, the product's Java runtime environment was changed from Oracle JRE to OpenJRE. When you upgrade to Sage CRM 2023 R2 or install it for the first time, the switch to OpenJRE is done automatically.
If you are using an earlier version of Sage CRM, you can switch manually to OpenJRE by following the instructions below.
OpenJRE is a free and open-source Java runtime environment. It is developed and supported by the Eclipse Foundation. Sage CRM has chosen to use the Adoptium Temurin distribution of OpenJRE.
Adoptium Temurin is a well-regarded distribution of OpenJRE that is known for its reliability, stability, and strong community support. It is also well-suited for applications that use Apache Tomcat.
Switching to OpenJRE will not impact the functionality of Sage CRM. It is a drop-in replacement for Oracle JRE. Sage CRM has tested Sage CRM with Adoptium Temurin, but other distributions of OpenJRE are also available.
Steps to replace JRE with an open-source version
- Download the .zip archive containing the 32-bit (x86) open-source JRE 8 for Windows:
- Compare the checksum of the downloaded file with the value shown on the adoptium.net website to ensure the file is complete and unmodified.
- Extract the contents of the .zip archive into a new folder on your Sage CRM server.
- On your Sage CRM server, open a command prompt as an administrator and run the following command to stop IIS:
- Open the folder into which you extracted the .zip archive, open the subfolder (its name is similar to jdk8u382-b05-jre), and copy its contents.
- In the Sage CRM installation folder (by default, this is %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Sage\CRM), back up the Services\JRE\jre8 folder.
- Delete the files and folders inside the jre8 folder.
- Paste the subfolder contents you copied in Step 5 into the jre8 folder.
- At a command prompt, run the following command to start IIS:
This article applies to Sage CRM stand-alone and when integrated with Sage accounting products. Sage 50, Sage 100, Sage 200, Sage 1000, Sage 300, Sage X3 and Sage Intacct.
All environments, configurations, integrations, and 3rd-party software that Sage supports are documented in the help and guides published on Sage CRM Help Center.
Any environments, configurations, integrations, and 3rd-party software that are not documented here have not been tested, and are therefore not supported by Sage.