Sage CRM 2023 R2 includes a number of security enhancements, including fixes for bugs that affected the implementation of application security and changes to improve the overall hardness of the system.
The following bugs that affected the implementation of application security have been fixed in Sage CRM 2023 R2:
- CRMS-1405 & CRMS-1418. An issue occured within the context of Companies and Persons. When you edited a Company record that didn’t have a primary contact assigned, the following error occurred: “An unexpected event has occurred: Exception: Error – Record not found, you may not have security permissions.”
- CRMS-1361 An issue occured within the context of Opportunities. When a user tried to edit an Opportunity by going to Team CRM | Opportunities and selecting an Opportunity, the following error was displayed: "An unexpected event has occurred: Exception: Error - Record not found, you may not have security permission."
- CRMS-1345. An issue occured within the context of Opportunities. When a user tried to modify an Opportunity record, the following error displayed: “An unexpected event has occurred. Exception error – record not found, you may not have security permissions.” This issue occurred after the system administrator customized Sage CRM to add a field from the Opportunity database table to the Case Details screen.
The Issue ID tracks back the original issue reported by a customer. e.g. CRMS-1405
Other changes have been made in Sage CRM 2023 R2 that enhance security.
One of the changes is that the version of Tomcat supplied with Sage CRM has been updated to version 9.0.75. This addresses potential vulnerabilities within Tomcat 9.0.
There have been other changes internal to Sage CRM that deliver a number of significant security enhancements. These enhancements make the system more secure and less vulnerable to attack. Customers are encouraged to upgrade to Sage CRM 2023 R2 as soon as possible to take advantage of these enhancements.
In addition to the above, customers can also improve the security of their Sage CRM system by following the following best practices:
- Use strong passwords and change them regularly.
- Keep the Sage CRM software up to date.
- Implement a firewall and other security measures to protect the server from unauthorized access.
- Regularly back up the Sage CRM database.
- Train users on security best practices.
By following these best practices, customers can help to ensure the security of their Sage CRM system and protect their sensitive data.