What's new in Sage Fixed Assets 2021.1
This release includes the following items:
• U.S. tax updates, including recently passed extenders
• Form 4562—Depreciation and Amortization for 2020
• Commas added to Form 4562 currency amounts
• Updated amortized property tax book defaults
• Simplified asset transfer process
For more information about these items and other release updates, see the Sage Fixed Assets 2021.1 Release Notes.
Important: Before upgrading, consult with your business partner or Sage to ensure that this update is compatible with customizations, integrated applications, and other configuration options. If you install this update independently, you assume responsibility for any impact on your system.
If you are using Sage Fixed Assets 2020.1 or newer, it is quick and easy to download the 2021.1 release via Sage Advisor Update. If you are using a version earlier than 2020.1, follow the steps to download the release from the Sage Knowledgebase.
Sage Advisor Update (version 2020.1 or newer)
Sage Advisor Update may have already notified you about the availability of this release via a pop-up message in the Microsoft Windows system tray. Didn’t get the notification? No problem—follow the steps below to get the release via Sage Advisor Update:
1. Go to Start, All Programs, Sage and select Sage Advisor Update.
2. If the 2021.1 release is not listed, click Check for Updates.
3. After the release is found, select it, and then click Download & Install or Download Only and follow the prompts to complete the process.
To upgrade to Sage Fixed Assets 2021.1, download the product update from the Sage Knowledgebase or contact your Sage business partner:
1. Click the following link to open the Download Portal article Sage Fixed Assets Download Portal
2. If you are not logged on, click Sign in on the right-hand corner of the page.
3. In the Related resources section, select your product.
4. For detailed information about installing the software, see the applicable guide below:
• Sage Fixed Assets Premier Installation Guide
• Sage Fixed Assets Network Installation Guide
• Sage Fixed Assets Single User Installation Guide
• Sage Fixed Assets Lite Depreciation Quick Start Guide
• Sage 50 Fixed Assets Quick Start Guide
• Sage Fixed Assets Lite Dep. for Sage 50 - U.S. Edition Quick Start Guide
Need help closing the year?
Visit www.Sage.com/Resources for options, including links to Sage Year-end Center, Sage Knowledgebase, Sage City, and Sage University, as well as Chat and Online Case submission.