Claw back on Bonuses


We are in the process of implementing a claw back on employee bonuses, specifically signing bonuses.  If this happens, where an employee must return the bonus (in the form of a personal check), how would I record this entry in Sage HRMS in order for this to reflect on the employee's W2?

Parents Reply Children
  • +1 in reply to Erzsi_I
    verified answer

    Thanks for the follow up Erzsi.  I found out that I can make an entry or a journal entry to reflect this money returned.  In the specific case I was asking about, we wouldn't be able to do a void/reverse payment through payroll.  We were planning as if the employee had left the company and there wasn't any payroll to offset the funds from.  Thanks again.