Reminding all Sage Business Cloud Payroll users that if you want to move your payroll from one period to the next, you should conduct a rollover task, and if you want to move your payroll from your current period to the previous period, you should perform a roll-back task.
Roll-back and rollover features are available at the touch of a button, and we've detailed what occurs on payroll once these tasks are accomplished:
Once you have rolled over you cannot:
- Run your UIF declarations for your previous period.
- You cannot make any financial adjustments such as:
- Change beneficiaries on the medical aid tab.
- Change the basic salary/pension and provident fund that you processed from the previous period.
- You cannot add an employee whose start date is a future date from your current period.
After you have rolled back to the previous period, you must reprocess the following:
- If you have added a new employee in your current period and you roll back to your previous period, once you roll over again in the new period you will need to re-add the very same employee.
- You will need to re-run your UIF declarations on the payroll if you submit your UIF declarations electronically on the payroll product.
- If employment has been ended in your current period and you roll back to the previous month, once you roll over again, you will need to end employment again for the very same employee.
- When you roll back, you must reprocess everything you would have processed before rolling back to your prior period; this is applicable for each rollback. If you roll back two periods back, you'll have to reprocess everything you've done up to the point where you're in your current cycle.
- Before rolling back to a previous period make sure that you download your Year-to-date report